G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent. In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country
Responsibilities for the Credit Control Officer Job
- Achieve 100% cash collections as per monthly target based on portfolio allocated.
- Ensure that customer’s notification of amounts due is sent out immediately the debt fall due.
- Apply credit control procedures on assigned portfolio based on the age overdue amount as well as contract terms.
- Maintain daily monitoring tracker for cash collections and escalate risk accounts immediately they are identified
- Days Sales Outstanding Management
- Ensure that the assigned portfolio DSO is maintained within company acceptable range of 30 to 45 Days.
- Ensure that actions related to overdue debt within the portfolio are performed within 30 days from overdue date.
- Maintain a monthly bad recovery of 2% of bad debt outstanding amount.
Credit Accounts Administration
- Monitor daily receipts allocation for assigned portfolio and ensure that accounts credit position is up to date at the end of each working day.
- Continuously verifies accuracy of debtors ageing of the assigned portfolio to ensure that no inaccurate customer exposure is presented at any point.
- Perform accounts reconciliations and present the reconciled report within 24hrs from the time of request.
- Main daily customer call logs in specific prescribed format for future follow up as well as evidence of number of customers contacted on a daily basis.
- Ensure that debt collection activities are done as per credit control process and policy.
Credit Control Documentation
- Maintain record of soft copies contracts of the assigned portfolio which are easily accessible on request.
- Maintain trail documents for changes in billable amount for assigned portfolio in soft copies e.g. termination notices, price increase letters, addendum contract, temporary work orders.
- Monitor contracts’ expiry dates and escalate contracts due for renewal to respective billing supervisor three months to expiry date.
- Maintain up to date customer credit control file which should include: contracts, PI letters, demand notices, correspondences, credit notes, suspension notices, and termination copies
Credit Control Officer Job Qualifications
- Tertiary education in Business Management or Numerical Field
- Degree are advantageous
- Kenya market
- Kenya legislation
- Two to five years in Data and contract management related assignment
- Enter the number of years in the required specialism
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- ERP system(s)
- Google suite of products
Behavioural Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
How to Apply