NGO & Social
Imara Education Empowerment Jobs – 2 Positions
Imara Education Empowerment is a non-governmental organization (NGO) operating under sustainable development goal 4 by championing for quality education that is both inclusive and equitable. We work with stakeholders in the fields of education and community development to ensure that the underprivileged children in the Kenyan society have access to education. We achieve this through capacity building, mentorship, advocacy and research.
1. Non-Professional Volunteer Mentor
These are individuals with no professional experience as defined by Imara. This category also includes students in tertiary learning institutions.
- Life skills for high school students.
- Club activities strengthening
- Peer education (Sex, Drugs and Alcohol)
- Exposure to tertiary education experiences
Standards for non-professional mentors
- Must be a student. Preferably in third and fourth year of university education.
- Must be willing and able to volunteer for a period of six (6) months.
- Must present a letter of recommendation or reference for the university.
- Must possess good character and moral standing.
Scope of work for non-professional mentors
- Attending the activation workshop
- Engaging with local high schools in; strengthening club activities, peer mentorship and inform on education exploration opportunities.
- Compiling on monthly progress reports.
- Attend a debrief meeting at closeout.
2. Professional Volunteer Mentor
Professional volunteer-mentor A professional individual with experience and skills relevant to the mentorship objects offered by Imara.
- Career and entrepreneurship
- Drug and substance abuse
- Patriotism and community service
- Sexuality education
- Behavior change
- Life skills for young people
Standards for professional mentors
- Must be practicing and experienced in the area of mentorship
Scope of work for professional mentors
- Meeting with chapter coordinator for debrief.
- Meet with assigned university students once a month (groups and individuals).
- Sign an engagement form held by mentees.
- Fill out the feedback form at closeout.
Interested and qualified? Go to Imara Education Empowerment career website on docs.google.com to apply