Internal Audit Manager (Financial & Systems) KNTC Kenya
INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER ( FINANCIAL AND SYSTEMS ) – SALARY SCALE 3 – JOB REF:HR/IA/12/2017
Reporting to the Managing Director (administratively) and to the Board (functionally), the successful candidate shall be responsible for effective and efficient strategic leadership in the management of the Corporation’s internal audit function to ensure compliance to the set systems, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage operations of audit department to ensure achievement of set objectives and goals.
- Prepare and manage annual work plan and budget for audit department
- Risk facilitator for the organization
- Act as the Secretary to audit committee
- Review and advising the management on adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Reviews systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations
- Review means of safeguarding assets and verify the existence of assets.
- Review operations, programmes, and projects to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether operations are being carried out as planned.
- Advise management on effective cost control and revenue maximization measures.
- Advise management on external audit queries
- Developing and reviewing audit manuals.
- Coordinate investigations as requested by management.
- Oversee preparation and development of departmental budget
- Approve and monitor departmental expenditure
- Provides oversight for all departmental physical assets
- Plans assigns and monitors work to departmental staff
- Appraises and evaluates departmental staff
- Contributes to the Corporation’s development of strategic, operational and financial decisions
Educational Qualifications and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce/Finance/Accounting/Economics
- Professional Accounting qualifications (CPA (K) or ACCA (UK)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- At least eight (8) years experience in Auditing practice with at least three (3) years supervisory experience
Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of IFRSs, ISAs, and IASs
- Budgeting and Financial Management skills
- IT Proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Administrative and coordinating skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Leadership, Communication, interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills
- Action-oriented, professional independence and integrity
How to Apply for KNTC jobs
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salaries; attached with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 26th December 2017. Please Quote Job Title & Reference on the envelope.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30587 – 00100