Legal Assistant Job at KNTC Kenya
LEGAL ASSISTANT – SALARY SCALE 6 – JOB REF: HR/LA/12/2017
Reporting to the Legal Officer, the successful candidate shall be responsible for providing administrative assistance in the legal department including documentation, asset management, follow-up on insurance claims, lease administration, contract administration and property maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting of contracts, leases, court pleadings and other legal instruments
- Providing safe custody of Corporation’s documents, other records and securities
- Participate in meeting with legal implications
- Draft status reports on court matters affecting the Corporation
- Monitor and keep track of all documents and reports generated within the Legal Services section
- Ensure that all documents, records and files are well labeled as per the procedures in KNTC
- Collect and archive all documents whose usage is not regular
- Classify and catalogue all the records.
- Respond to all staff requests for retrieval of documents in legal archive.
- Carrying out the maintenance of departmental files
- Keep track of physical assets assigned to the Corporation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Educational Qualifications and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB)
- At least (2) years experience in a legal set up/institution
Competencies and Skills
- Good administrative and coordination skills
- Knowledge in legal records management
- IT proficiency
- Legal Records management skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Due diligence and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salaries; attached with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 26th December, 2017. Please Quote Job Title & Reference on the envelope.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA NATIONAL TRADING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30587 – 00100