Marketing Lead Job at Unilever Kenya Limited
Unilever – On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave.
Unilever Marketing Lead Foods and Refreshments EA
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Sales / Marketing
Unilever MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Overall responsible for developing the East Africa Brand Marketing Plan and building business partnerships with regional category/brand team as well as customer marketing, finance and supply chain. In addition, the role is responsible for monitoring brand performance and implementing solutions.
- Leads and inspires multi-functional teams to create regional Brand Marketing Plans which builds the brands in key channels and moves the brand equity towards the global vision.
- Leads the development and execution of launch and re-launch plans using funds efficiently to achieve measurable objectives.
- Leads the deployment of communication content in the local market at all relevant consumer and
- shopper touch points.
- Drives performance evaluation of regional support activities and in-store implementation against measurable objectives and relentlessly seeks ways to improve effectiveness of investments.
- Development of a share-growth-oriented marketing & category plan that seizes opportunities in product renovation, pricing strategy, competitor activities, customer/channel (e.g. convenience format, discounter) specific needs
- Represent consumer (insights), brand strategy and product quality requirements on the cross-functional discounter team
- Develop & lead implementation of activation platforms and ideas based on the brand vision plan working with ICF communication teams and agencies for RM, PR, BTL for the brand
- Translate marketing & category plan into a business framework and optimise commercial opportunities (identify threats). Feed into monthly and annual planning processes.
- Develop and implement 12-18 month portfolio roadmap including product range & quality, brand build, value delivery for consumers, pricing & affordability, range extension.
- Pro-actively feed market, category and customer requirements into platform innovation projects
- Champion optimal launch of innovation platform
- Work with communication team to ensure single minded communication message is created in line with the brand building communication plan, consistent with category needs.
- Monitor and review effectiveness of innovation and renovation programme to inform future plans. Ensure continued focus on and support of innovation platforms once launched.
- Management of marketing budgets within agreed targets and align with customer advertising activities.
- 9+ years’ experience with at least three roles at WL2 in Brand Building, Brand Development, Customer Marketing or Account Management
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective and integrated Brand Marketing Plans
- Proven project and budget management experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply
More Unilever Kenya Jobs