Marketing & Advertising
Recruitment at Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world’s top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world’s most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company’s portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia, Dasani, FUZE TEA and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of more than 1.9 billion servings a day.
Job ID: R-11952
Responsible at a Franchise level to recommend, design and set-up best in class brand experience assets programs and and experiences such as sampling, music, sports or other events, as part of a wider assets strategy. Responsible for supervising the programs’ execution at Franchise Operation level, being the key counterpart of the cross functional system team, working with the agencies to provide an “activation toolkit” ready to be executed locally, being sure all synergies and cost efficiencies are in place.
Function Specific Activities
Key Duties/Responsibilities: Describe primary responsibilities of this job.
- Develop optimal mix of strategies to maximize efficiencies of assets spend across the portfolio in Franchise.
- Step-change Marketing Asset Performance across Brand Portfolio Performance through Best-in-class Experiential Execution and maximization of rights and entitlements as per contractual agreements whilst driving key Brand association scores across disciplines and Equity Measures
- Play a role in the development and preparation of annual business plans
Marketing Asset And Brand Experience Implementation
- Oversee execution of assets for all brands. Synergize opportunities amidst portfolios to optimize presence in all channels of communication.
- Develop a leverage strategy that seeks to drive the Franchise business and asset objectives.
- Integration and Localization of Global Marketing Assets / Assets based in ECAF Markets
- Ensure Kick-Off Meeting held on each asset to ensure alignment of stakeholder and Brand objectives and past year A.A.R learnings applied
- Program plans with actions and deliverables documented and disseminated across the system for each Asset
- Regular review / Update meetings with stakeholders
- Manage activation of Franchise events through agency partners and ensure delivered on time, in budget and with bottler engagement and integration
- Initiate and manage all Asset contract negotiations and finalization of agreements
- Monitor contractual rights and ensure obligations are met across all Assets.
- Continuously analyze the competitive environment and apply the learnings on a quarterly, and annual basis so that activities are aligned to the dynamics of the Franchise
- Monitor the local and international environment in the primary focus areas to identify new opportunities for the Franchise.
- Develop an asset communications plan, driving specific messages, which takes into account the key messages that will be communicated around all sponsorship properties, the mediums that will be used and how these will be used (plan must also take into account the role of PR and Media Liaison)
- Identify opportunities across the Marketing Assets discipline to maximize DME productivity
- Ensure the effective deployment of brand assets budgets behind IMC activities. Ensure marketing DME (Direct Marketing Expenses) is invested as per approved plans with proper allocation across the marketing mix elements across the region.
- Participate and where required lead the Marketing Factory process to further elevate quality, drive efficiency and increase time to market for all ECAF assets / Experiential platform / projects.
- Partner with Procurement function supporting all productivity initiatives in media and non-media
Brand Experience Agency Management
In collaboration with BU Agency-,L Operations Lead build the relationship with external agencies to challenge best in class delivery and greater alignment behind Franchise assets through (i) value-based compensation, (ii) benchmarking & performance by results payment, and (iii) negotiating market leading deals / contracts across media & assets
- BU/IMC/Media/Assets/Digital/PR team
- Brand Marketing Teams
- Operations Teams
- Local asset and experiential agencies
- Bottler Senior Managers
Nature and Purpose of Communication
- Marketing Asset Portfolio Management of Franchise Marketing Assets across all relevant brands and through the leverage of bottler resources to drive Brand Equity and Key Brand Scorecard Measures
- Driving volume and business sustainability;
- Identification of regional asset leveraging opportunities
- Day to day business interaction (strategic and operational)
- Alignment/guidance on assets communications
- Alignment on strategies/creative solutions/budget
- Discussing/guiding for briefs, alignments on assets strategies and executions
- Assets/programs development
- Testing, consumer tracking, brand images through continuous researches
- Build strategic partnerships
- Understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity
- Interrogates data to identify core business levers
- Balances facts with intuition to distil complex opportunities into compelling business cases
- Understands the operational fundamentals of our bottling system
- Leverages financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively
- Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learning
- Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market
- Anticipates future trends to engage and delight consumers
- Seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviours
- Balances intuition and fact to distil complex thought into action
- Identifies and optimizes franchise assets investment strategies and plans to connect with our consumers. Analyse assets impact on core brand metrics and business metrics.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING
- Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be and advises the brand managers accordingly.
- Full accountability for Franchise Assets – strategies, plans, evaluation including business impact on equity, share and brand performance.
- Initiation and negotiation of all Franchise asset agreements
- Key accountability for Direct Marketing Expense (DME) spend across the Franchise (together with marketing teams).
- Full accountability for the delivery of franchise events and execution of assets within territory.
- Franchise Stakeholder management (assets, suppliers, rights holder, etc). In conjunction with the BU Agency Operations Manager, aligns on the best agency management approach to deliver value and world class exectution with the best agency partners.
- Has the approval authority on the final executions before they go on live in Franchise also responsible from the results delivery and as per Franchise RAPID
- Demonstrates judgement to define a compelling core creative idea within the specialist function.
- Input into Franchise business plan and strategy.
INNOVATION: List duties for creating/changing processes, systems, products. Indicate this job’s responsibility for creating or changing processes, systems or products. Be specific. Innovation is not limited to R&D.
Expected to lead Franchise Asset and Brand Experience innovation within the territory based on global / BU recommended investment ratios/guidelines.
Has direct impact on improving the quality and widening the assets perspective by directly influencing the Franchise / BU IMC team functions such as developing superior assets solutions
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Is this role participating or responsible? Indicate whether this role either participates or is responsible for supervisory activities and the number of direct reports (full time-part-time and NW’s).
- Provide a copy of any proposed org chart changes.
- # of Direct Reports: None
- Will the direct reports have direct reports of their own? If so, provide the number.
- There Are No Direct Reports But Expected To
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to various Franchise Asset and Brand Experience Agency Partners
Lead cross-functional Franchise and system teams during assets Planning and Execution
7-8+ years of experience
Cross-functional experience in some of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Operational marketing
- Marketingbrand management
- Events management is essential equired.
- Agency management experience is essential equired
- University/Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Degree
RELATED COMPETENCIES: List the competencies needed to successfully perform the job:
- Global sponsorship and FMCG landscape expertise
- Pan Africa sponsorship landscape (convergence of properties, competition and impact of global media)
- ECAF regulatory landscape (Football, Athletics, Rugby.)
- Key brand strategy and management principles
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of Pan Africa football landscape and role players
- Brand Marketing Experience
- IMC Process Theoretical and Practical application
- Coca-Cola System Knowledge (Optional but preferable)
- Agency and Supplier Management
- Post project evaluation
- Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities – Meets critical objectives while considering the impact of those activities on longer-term goals.
- Translates strategic direction into personal actions/plans.
- Delivers Results – takes accountability, ensuring productive, efficient execution against priorities. Sets ambitious yet realistic goals and removes obstacles to ensure high quality results.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements – Develops ideas and gains others’ commitment. Seizes opportunities that can deliver the greatest value. Promotes an environment of creative thinking and innovation
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas – Shares and adopts ideas in and outside the Company. Leverages insights to inform actions or gain support. Embraces change.
- Sets a Winning Example – Demonstrates integrity, including placing Company interests ahead of personal agendas. Makes sound decisions and follows-through on them. Demonstrates passion for the Company and its products
- Builds Brand Love – Seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviors.
- Pursue innovation and change with a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Balances intuition and fact to distill complex thought into compelling ideas.
- Demonstrates judgment to define a compelling core creative idea.
- Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be.
- Persuades and inspires others (consumers, agency, system, suppliers, rights holders, etc) to create belief.
- Anticipates future trends to engage and delight consumers
- Builds Brand Value – Understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity. Interrogates data to identify core business levers.
- Balances facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases. Understands the operational fundamentals of our Bottling System. Leverages analytical rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings. Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market
- Adaptation and Localization of Global / BU assets
- Brand experience
- Asset Execution and Contractual Rights Expertise
- IMC knowledge
- Specialist Support on assets
- Establishing Strategic Direction For Specialist Area
- Pursuing Innovation across assets and experiential connections
- Develop And Maintain Franchise Supplier Relationships
- ROI / Analytics
- Identify Asset Opportunities within the Franchise
- Manage Acquisition And Renewal Process Of Marketing Assets
- Monitor Execution Of Activation Architecture
Multi-country work requires is an added advantage while high level of cultural sensitivity, need for 100% English fluency.
The Key responsibilities are:
- To implement and actively manage the Franchise asset strategy aligned to the objectives of the entire Franchise System
- Set-up and design the brand experience programs by brands with the “activation toolkit” produced together with the agency, that will include concept, look and feel of the experience (visuals and graphics, key steps of the consumer experience) key message, mechanics, ideal location or approaches, executional guidelines for the system and key metrics, delivering a comprehensive plug and play program.
- Brief and manage the agencies, ensuring quality of deliverables and DMI efficiency in close collaboration wth BU.
- Support the execution of the brand experience in the regions, by supervising and ensuring guidelines are respected, managing the collaboration with the counterparts in the system Operations.
- Provides scientific guidance in setting up brand experience with proper KBI’s, post evaluation and tracking of the effectiveness of all the activities.
- Constantly evaluate and optimize Assets using the Marketing Assets Framework from acquisition to execution within IMC programs across all Brands, driving Equity Measures and Share (where applicable)
- Ongoing identification and management of Brand Marketing Assets to leverage across identified Brands
- Rationalization of all Assets utilizing Marketing Asset Framework
- Quantitative approach to influence the ideal structure and set up of optimized programs (behind which programs or experience to invest) and DMI allocation on a longer term basis.
- Best practices sharing.
- Core team member of BU common assets projects and collaboration with key counterparts in other geographies.
- Years Of Experience
- 7-10 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to The Coca-Cola Company career website on cocacola.appvault.com to apply