HR & Recruitment
Safaricom Jobs: MPesa Product And Services – Internship
M-Pesa Product And Services – Intern
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Graduate Jobs / Internships
We are pleased to announce the following Internship opportunity in the M-PESA Product and Services Management Department within the Financial Services Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – M-PESA Product Development, the position holder will be tasked to manage creditors within the credit platform M-PESA Bloom while in line with the divisional objectives of driving payments.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them. Third line support.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers’ needs.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Prepare reports to send to customers whose accounts are delinquent, and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enabling technological implementation of loan origination and management systems including defining scope and overseeing UAT and deployment
- Working with Lenders to design underwriting policy.
- Work handy with lenders, platform owners and create mutual business relationship.
- Work with merchants, agents who are behind on their payments for current loans and help them avoid defaulting on the loans.
- Act as a liaison between the merchant, Agents, consumer and the lending institution
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information
- A currently Ongoing Undergraduate Student in Business Administration from a recognized University
- Project Management skills are an added advantage
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience in partner management
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work, innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Interest in sales/product/underwriting would be preferred (with NBFC/Bank/Fintech)
- Interest in launching a digital product/platform would be preferred
NOTE THIS IS A 3 MONTH INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
- As part of the interview process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Request of Internship (official document) from the University or Transcripts
- Copy of your National ID/Passport
How to apply
Use the link below to apply on company website.